Indie developer Adam Robinson-Yu (Whippoorwill) has announced that his award-winning adventure game, A Short Hike, will release on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on Tuesday, November 16th. A Short Hike first released on PC in 2019, followed by a Nintendo Switch release in 2020. The game was nominated for numerous awards, and won two categories at the 2020 Independent Games Festival.
A Short Hike tasks players with exploring the Hawk Peak Provincial Park, located in a peaceful mountainside landscape where you’ll come across other hikers and discover hidden treasures.
- Explore the island any way you like. Choose your own path to follow and see where it leads you. You never know what you might stumble into!
- Hike at your own pace—there’s no need to rush to the summit! Take your time fishing along the river banks or swimming by the lakeshore.
- Collect hidden treasures to reach new heights. Try taking a dive off the mountain peaks to soar above the forests.
- Chat with the other hikers you meet along your route. You might be able to help each other out!
- Listen to a lush original soundtrack by Mark Sparling that progresses dynamically as you explore the wilderness.
“I tried to make each area feel unique – either through the types of flora that decorate it or the landmarks you’ll discover,” Robinson-Yu wrote on the PlayStation Blog. “A Short Hike isn’t a giant open world game, but I think it’s little world is dense with things to uncover.”
Watch a trailer below.
The post Award-Winning Adventure, A Short Hike, Headed to PS4 and Xbox One on November 16 appeared first on PlayStation LifeStyle.