If you own Dying Light 2 on PS4, you can upgrade to the PS5 version for free. This is excellent news since cross-generational upgrades haven’t been as straightforward as they could. Some publishers don’t offer them at all, some are free, and others require you to buy a particular version of the game or pay an upgrade fee. With PS5 stock continuing to be low, many players have been faced with the dilemma of having to pick between buying a game for their PS4 or holding out to save money. It’s great to know that’s not the case with Dying Light 2.
How to upgrade Dying Light 2 PS4 to PS5
We assume upgrading to the PS5 version of Dying Light 2 will be performed just like any other cross-generational title. To do so:
- Make sure the disc is in the drive if you own a physical copy.
- Sign into a PS5 console.
- Find the PS5 version of the game in the PlayStation Store and go to the game hub.
- Select the upgrade offer on the game hub.
- After confirming the upgrade offer, select “Download.”
- After the download completes, launch the game from the XMB or your game library.
If you’ve already downloaded the PS5 version and it continues to launch the PS4 version, you’ll need to switch to the correct installation. To do so:
- Go to the tile on the home screen or go to the library.
- Select the game and press the
[...]button to open the options menu.
- Here you’ll be able to select which version you want to play.
Unfortunately, some bad news was further confirmed with this announcement. Cross-platform and cross-generation co-op won’t be available for Dying Light 2 at launch. However, Techland plans to support the game for five years, so we’ll likely see it added at some point.