After five years of service on PS4, the online servers for Everybody’s Golf are getting shut down in September. As usual, the game will be able to be played offline but all online multiplayer modes will be discontinued after the servers close later this year.
When are the Everybody’s Golf PS4 servers getting shut down?
The Everybody’s Golf PS4 servers will close on September 30, 2022. According to a message on the game’s page on the PlayStation website, “all online features (including online multiplayer modes) will cease on that date. You will still be able to play and enjoy the game in single-player offline modes.” However, a similar message on the game’s Japanese website went into more detail as to exactly which modes will become unavailable once the servers get shut down:
- Open Course selection.
- Participation in International Tournaments.
- Turf War.
- Checking the latest Daily Ranking.
- Checking the latest Copy Ranking.
- Partial viewing of the Notice Box.
- Partial browsing of This Month’s Items.
- Partial browsing of Last Month’s Items.
- Purchase and use of Warp Medals.
- Acquisition of some items related to fishing.
- Reporting of players.
- Viewing of latest Profile Card plus number of times copied.
- Partial browsing of the Library.
- Acquisition of the Gold Trophy “Walking Encyclopaedia.”
- Acquisition of the Bronze Trophy “Online Debut.”
Of course, those who haven’t earned either of the Walking Encyclopaedia or Online Debut trophies will also find the game’s Platinum trophy, Push it to the Limit!, also becomes discontinued. There’s now six months to go before the servers close forever and some of the trophies are a grind, so if you’re wanting to get the Platinum from this game then I suggest you start sooner rather than later.
In other news, the new PlayStation Plus tiers will be introduced in June and this is when players will no longer be able to renew their PS Plus subscriptions on PS3 or Vita consoles. Elsewhere, Jim Ryan has confirmed day one releases won’t be included in the new PS Plus service either.
The post Everybody’s Golf PS4 Online Servers to Close in September appeared first on PlayStation LifeStyle.