Eula’s Role in the Party
Eula is a physical and burst DPS character who is suitable to take the role of main DPS of the party. Her attacks deliver devastating numbers and she can easily wipe out groups of enemies with her elemental burst. She can be quite the selfish carry, just like Diluc and Klee.
Since she deals cryo damage, we recommend having an electro sub DPS or support character to help trigger Superconduct, an elemental reaction that lowers a monster’s physical resistance.
What Are Eula’s Talents?
The priority for Eula’s talents are normal attack, elemental burst, and elemental skill. We recommend prioritizing them this way because you will likely spend more time doing normal attacks when she’s on the field. Her elemental skill has a short cooldown, but it’s much better to use it as an animation cancel of her final normal attack to minimize downtime.
Basically, the sequence would be to normal attack five times, then cancel the downtime of the fifth attack with her elemental skill. After two stacks of Grimheart, it’s time to hold elemental skill for the burst damage. Always try to always use her elemental burst when it’s up.
Favonius Bladework – Edel (normal attack)
- Normal attack: Perform up to five consecutive strikes.
- Charged attack: Drains Stamina over time to perform continuous slashes. At the end of the sequence, perform a more powerful slash.
- Plunging attack: Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground, damaging opponents along the path and dealing AoE damage upon impact.
Icetide Vortex (elemental skill)
- Press: Slashes swiftly, dealing cryo damage. When it hits an opponent, Eula gains a stack of Grimheart that stacks up to two times. These stats can only be gained once every .3 seconds.
- Grimheart: Increases Eula’s resistance to interruption and defense.
- Hold: Wielding her sword, Eula consumes all the stacks of Grimheart and lashes forward, dealing AoE cryo damage to opponents in front of her.
- If Grimheart stacks are consumed, surrounding opponents will have their physical resistance and cryo resistance decreased.
- Each consumed stack of Grimheart will be converted into an Icewhirl Brand that deals cryo damage to nearby opponents
Glacial Illumination (elemental burst)
- Brandishes her greatsword, dealing cryo damage to nearby opponents and creating a Lightfall Sword that follows her around for a duration of up to 7 seconds.
- While present, the Lightfall Sword increases Eula’s resistance to interruption. When Eula’s own normal attack, elemental skill, and elemental burst deal damage to opponents, they will charge the Lightfall Sword, which can gain an energy stack once every .1 seconds.
- Once its duration ends, the Lightfall Sword will descend and explode violently, dealing physical damage to nearby opponents.
- This damage scales on the number of energy stacks the Lightfall Sword has accumulated.
- If Eula leaves the field, the Lightfall Sword will immediately explode.
Roiling Rime (first ascension passive)
- If 2 stacks of Grimheart are consumed upon unleashing the holding mode of Icetide Vortex, a Shattered Lightfall Sword will be created that will explode immediately, dealing 50% of the basic physical damage dealt by a Lightfall Sword created by Glacial Illumination.
Wellspring of War-Lust (fourth ascension passive)
- When Glacial Illumination is cast, the cooldown of Icetide Vortex is reset and Eula gains 1 stack of Grimheart.
Aristocratic Introspection (utility passive)
- When Eula crafts Character Talent Materials, she has a 10% chance to receive double the product.
What Are Eula’s Constellations?
All of Eula’s constellations provide her a significant power boost, but C1, C2, and C6 are the most impactful. This isn’t to say that Eula is bad without constellations. On the contrary, she’s still pretty strong without them.
C1 – Tidal Illusion
- Every time Icetide Vortex’s Grimheart stacks are consumed, Eula’s physical damage is increased by 30% for 6 seconds.
- Each stack consumed will increase the duration of this effect by 6 seconds up to a maximum of 18 seconds.
C2 – Lady of Seafoam
- Decreases the cooldown of Icetide Vortex’s holding mode, rendering it identical to tapping cooldown.
C3 – Lawrence Pedigree
- Increases the level of Glacial Illumination by 3.
- Maximum upgrade level is 15.
C4 – The Obstinacy of One’s Inferiors
- Lightfall Swords deal 25% increased damage against opponents with less than 50% HP.
C5 – Chivalric Quality
- Increases the level of Icetide Vortex by 3.
- Maximum upgrade level is 15.
C6 – Noble Obligation
- Lightfall Swords created by Glacial Illumination start with 5 stacks of energy.
- Normal attacks, elemental skills, and elemental bursts have a 50% chance to grant the Lightfall Sword an additional stack of energy.
The Best Build For Eula
We already established Eula makes a great main DPS character and would benefit from being supported by an electro sub DPS or support character. As for the best weapons for Eula, we recommend Wolf’s Gravestone or Song of Broken Pines. Both come close in terms of performance, but if we had to choose one, Song of Broken Pines is ultimately the better of the two. The reason being the difference in passives and when you can activate them.
With Wolf’s Gravestone, you need to hit an enemy with 30% or less HP for its passive to trigger whereas, with Song of Broken Pines, you can start to activate its passive the moment you start attacking. This makes Song of Broken Pines better for longer fights. However, if you’re fighting a lot of smaller monsters, Wolf’s Gravestone is a much better pick. Don’t worry if you don’t have either, there’s Serpent Spine from the Battle Pass which is a nice substitute for the other two. Just make sure to minimize the times you get hit when using Serpent Spine.
If you’re free-to-play (F2P), Snow-Tombed Starsilver is the best weapon for you. It has a 10-second cooldown for its passive and a chance to hit for 200% attack damage when the enemy is affected by cryo. With Eula being a character that deals cryo damage, this makes it easier to activate the last part of the Snow-Tombed’s passive. Snow-Tombed Starsilver also has a shorter cooldown than Prototype Archaic’s passive which allows Eula to deal more damage in a shorter amount of time.
As for the best artifact we recommend, Pale Flame takes the top spot as it seems like it’s specifically made for her. Its 4-piece effect works perfectly with Eula’s elemental skill as it only has a few seconds of cooldown, meaning it can be used back to back for maximum damage. C2 makes this easier as the hold cooldown of her elemental skill will match her tap cooldown and get reduced to four seconds.
If you don’t have Eula at C2, the best way to maximize damage would be to only use the hold part of her elemental skill when her elemental burst is up. This is because using her elemental burst, in conjunction with Wellspring of War-Lust Stat, resets her elemental skill’s cooldown. The stat priorities for artifacts are attack %, physical damage %, critical rate, and critical damage.
- Song of Broken Pines
- Increases attack by 16%. When normal or charged attacks hit opponents, Eula gains a Sigil of Whispers. This effect can be triggered once every .3 seconds. When you possess 4 Sigils of Whispers, all of them will be consumed and all nearby party members will obtain the Millennial Movement: Banner-Hymn effect for 12 seconds. Millennial Movement: Banner-Hymn increases normal attack speed by 12% and increases attack by 20%. Once this effect is triggered, Eula will not gain Sigils of Whispers for 20 seconds. Of the many effects of the Millennial Movement, buffs of the same type will not stack.
- Wolf’s Gravestone
- Increases attack by 20%. On hit, attacks against enemies with less than 30% HP increases all party members’ attack by 40% for 12 seconds. Can only occur once every 30 seconds.
- Serpent Spine
- Every 4 seconds a character is on the field, they will deal 6% more damage and take 3% more damage. This effect has a maximum of 5 stacks and will not be reset if the character leaves the field, but will be reduced by 1 stack when the character takes damage.
- Snow-Tombed Starsilver
Hitting an enemy with Normal and Charged Attacks has a 60% chance of forming and dropping an Everfrost Icicle above them, dealing 80% AoE ATK DMG. Enemies affected by Cryo are dealt 200% ATK DMG. Can only occur once every 10s.
- Pale Flame
- 2-Piece increases physical damage by 25%.
- 4-piece increases attack is by 9% for 7 seconds when an elemental skill hits an opponent. This effect stacks up to 2 times and can be triggered once every .3 seconds. Once 2 stacks are reached, the 2-set effect is increased by 100%.
Eula is a powerful physical and burst damage character that can easily take on the main DPS role. Her fast attack speed gives her the ability to deal far more damage in a shorter span of time than other claymore-wielding characters. This recipe helps her stand out among other DPS characters in Genshin Impact and makes her a great asset to any team.
We hope this guide helped you on your journey to building Eula. Let us know in the comments what you think of her.[poilib element=”accentDivider”]
Cedric Pabriga is a freelance writer for IGN. He spends most of his day listening to music or playing video games. He also writes short stories in his spare time. You can follow him on Twitter @IchikaRika.