Knowing how to download previous PS Plus games is key to enjoying an arsenal of titles accrued over many months and years of subscribing. However, it’s not always so easy to find the relevant library of games. Thankfully, it’s easy enough to explain and, once you know how to get there, you’ll quickly unlock a vast collection of titles to enjoy.
Where to download previous months’ PS Plus games
To download previous months’ PS Plus games, users must:
- Ensure that they always add a month’s games to their library by pressing “Add to Library” in the PlayStation Store.
- Users don’t have to download the game, as simply hitting “Add to Library” secures it for future downloads and use.
- Go to your “Game Library” at the right far end of the PS5 or PS4 Home Screen bar.
- In the Game Library, sort by PlayStation Plus.
- You’ll now be able to see all of the titles you added to your library in past months.
- Make sure you have an active PlayStation Plus account.
- Select one of the games to download and play it.
Can you go back and get past months’ free PS Plus games?
Unfortunately, unless you added the game to your library during the month it was featured, it’s not possible to go back and get the free PS Plus game.
Sony limits access to previous months’ games to incentivize users to remain subscribed. This is just part of the deal.
What happens to my PlayStation Plus game library if my subscription ends?
If your subscription ends, you will no longer be able to play those PlayStation Plus games. However, if you restart your subscription, you will once again be able to access those PS Plus games.