Kena: Bridge of Spirits has only been out for a couple of days but Ember Lab is working hard to fix some of the game’s most pressing issues. The most recent update, version 1.05, has been released today. Amongst the bug fixes and gameplay improvements it makes is that the “Resume Game” feature on PS5 Activities has been disabled until the team can prevent the feature from accidentally overwriting game saves.
Other fixes include preventing players from becoming stuck in Spirit Mask mode, removing a few incidents that would prevent players from progressing further, and enabling photo mode while sitting down with the Rot, meaning players can now have a go at recreating the image that accompanied the feature’s reveal the day before the game released. The full patch notes can be seen below:
Kena: Bridge of Spirits Version 1.05 Patch Notes
- Enabled photo mode when sitting with the Rot.
- Increased maximum camera sensitivity.
- Fixed bug that locked player into the Spirit Mask mode.
- Fixed progression blocker after combat in Taro’s Tree region.
- Fixed progression blocker after receiving the Bow Ability.
- Fixed progression blocker after Adira Hammer Relic and the objective marker not disappearing after completion.
- Fixed progression blocker on Warrior Path.
- The “Resume Game” feature for PS5 Activities has been temporarily disabled to prevent overwriting autosaves. This feature will be re-implemented in a future patch.
- Fixed minor visual, collision, and audio bugs.
The game tells the story of Kena, a spirit guide who is tasked with helping spirits to resolve their issues and pass through to the other side. As she journeys to a mountain shrine, she comes across an abandoned village. The corruption here prevents her from travelling further and her new task becomes to help heal the land before she can continue onwards. Along the way she’s accompanied by small spirit critters known as the Rot, who will help her overcome obstacles in the forest and even defeat enemies. Our review described the action-adventure title as “loads of fun” and gave it a score of 8.5 out of 10, so if you feel like checking Kena: Bridge of Spirits out, make sure to give it a read.[Source: Ember Lab]