The Last of Us Day—that is, the day commemorating when the outbreak happened in-game— isn’t until September 26, but that hasn’t stopped Naughty Dog and Sony from launching new The Last of Us gear in the PlayStation Gear Store. Naughty Dog has promised not to ignore The Last of Us Day, though, and has promised they’ll be unveiling “all-new content” on that day. Even Sackboy: A Big Adventure is getting in on the fun with new The Last of Us Part II costumes due to launch soon.
The new merchandise includes apparel, homewares, and even guitar accessories, and they can be found at the PlayStation Gear Store (North America/Europe) right now, although not all items are available in all regions. The full list of additions includes:
- The Last of Us Part II Abby Tee
- The Last of Us Part II Knit Beanie (Gray)
- The Last of Us Part II Flannels (Charcoal Plaid and Red Plaid)
- The Last of Us Part II Stormtech Rain Jacket
- Washington Liberation Front Bomber Jacket
- The Last of Us Part II Cord Organizer
- The Last of Us Part II Leather Valet
- The Last of Us Part II Canvas Backpack
- The Last of Us Part II Taylor Wings Distressed Leather and GS Mini Guitar Strap
- The Last of Us Part II Taylor Guitar Picks
- The Last of Us Part II Guitar GS Mini
- The Last of Us Part II Guitar 314 CE
To celebrate The Last of Us Day, Naughty Dog has also promised to reveal “all-new content” at 9:00am PT/ 6:00pm CET on September 26 on the franchise’s official website. There are no clues as to what this could be, but we’ll be sure to let you know as soon as we find out. One thing we do know is Sackboy: A Big Adventure will be getting Ellie and Abby costumes on September 26 too.
The costumes are modelled on the Seattle portions of The Last of Us II, although Abby comes equipped with a hammer rather than a golf club. Their cost isn’t known, but if previous crossover costumes are anything to go by, they’ll likely be free.[Source: PlayStation Blog, Twitter]