Returnal recently celebrated its first anniversary but support isn’t slowing down for the title anytime soon. The latest update has been released today and its main purpose seems to be to rebalance the difficulty of the Tower of Sisyphus. Other changes mentioned by the Returnal Update 3.03 patch notes include fixes for co-op mode, including multiple minor gameplay bugs.
Returnal Update 3.03 Patch Notes
Returnal update 3.03 was released at 12:00 PM BST today, May 2. The main function of the update was to balance difficulty in the Tower of Sisyphus and the mode’s leaderboards will be reset as a result. Other bug fixes focused on the Tower of Sisyphus and co-op modes introduced with the Ascension update at the end of March. You can read the patch notes, which only include the bug fixes, below:
- Tower of Sisyphus: Added Audio Log 94 to additional location in the tower
- Tower of Sisyphus: Fixed a rare issue where Algos might refuse to die, or die too early in the tower
- Tower of Sisyphus: Increased leaderboard scrolling speed
- Co-Op: Fixed several issues where a client or host might encounter a black screen or hang when moving between biomes during co-op play
- Co-Op: Fixed multiple minor gameplay bugs
- Co-Op: Fixed two rare crashes in co-op mode
There is still no word on whether one of the more requested features, adjustable difficulty settings, will be added to the game at any point. In a recent interview, Housemarque stated it would be difficult to separate the game’s narrative from its difficulty although they acknowledged that there is always more work to be done on the accessibility front.
In other news, Playstation Now is still getting new games this month despite ceasing to exist by the end of June. The new games include Soul Calibur VI and Blasphemous. Elsewhere, PlayStation is now hiring a director for acquisitions and investments.
The post Returnal Latest Update Balances the Tower of Sisyphus Difficulty Today appeared first on PlayStation LifeStyle.