IGN and Rogue Games have partnered up to produce Rogue Jam, a brand-new game jam that not only offers publishing deals to indie developers, but also $800,000 in total prize money that will be used to bring their game to life. Devs from around the world submitted their unreleased games late last year, and the Rogue Jam panel of judges that includes IGN EVP and CCO Peer Schneider and former Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aimé have spent the last couple months picking the best of the best.
The winning games and developers will be announced beginning April 18, and this watch guide will help ensure you don’t miss a thing and can see some of the biggest and brightest indie games that may one day just become your new favorite.
Rogue Jam 2022 Winners Showcase Start Times
The Rogue Jame winners showcases will begin on April 18 with the premiere of Episode 1 – Huge Potential. The awards will air each day leading up to the announcement of the Overall Winner on Friday, April 22. The full schedule is as follows;
- Episode 1 – Huge Potential: Monday, April 18 at 9am PT/12pm ET/5pm BST / Tuesday, April 19 at 2am AEST.
- Episode 2 – Eye-Poppingly Beautiful: Monday, April 25 at 9am PT/12pm ET/5pm BST / Tuesday, April 26 at 2am AEST.
- Episode 3 – WTF?: Monday, May 2 at 9am PT/12pm ET/5pm BST / Tuesday, May 3 at 2am AEST.
- Episode 4 – Overall Winner : Monday, May 9 at 9am PT/12pm ET/5pm BST / Tuesday, May 10 at 2am AEST.
- Episode 5 – Audience Choice: Monday, May 16 at 9am PT/12pm ET/5pm BST / Tuesday, May 17 at 2am AEST.
Where to Watch the Rogue Jam 2022 Winners Showcases
If you’re interested in watching the Rogue Jam 2022 Winners Showcases, we’ll be hosting the streams here and across our many channels on platforms like YouTube, Twitch, Twitter, Facebook, and more. Here’s the full list of places you can watch the shows with us:
- IGN.com (homepage)
- IGN’s Youtube Channel
- IGN’s iOS App
- IGN’s Android App
- IGN’s PlayStation 4 App
- IGN’s Xbox One App
- IGN App for Android TV
- IGN for Amazon Fire TV
- Apple TV
- IGN 1 on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV
- Plex Live TV
What to Expect From the Rogue Jam 2022 Winners Showcases
The Rogue Jam 2022 Winners Showcases will award and recognize outstanding indie games that impressed a panel of judges that, as previously mentioned, include IGN EVP and CCO Peer Schneider and former Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aimé. The full list of judges is as follows;
- Kimberly Pointer Corbett, Warner Bros. Games Senior Vice President of Digital Publishing
- Reggie Fils-Aimé, former Nintendo of America President, Board Advisor at Rogue Games
- Peer Schneider, IGN Executive Vice President and Chief Content Officer
- Chris Lee, Netflix Head of Game Sourcing and Interactive Games
- Matt Casamassina, Rogue Games CEO
- Chris Archer, Rogue Games Chief Strategy Officer
There will be a total of five winners across five different categories, and each of them will award a certain prize to the indie dev chosen. Each game is judged on Fun, Originality, Presentation, Polish, and The Rogue Factor, and the categories and prizes are as follows;
- Overall Winner: $500,000 and a Rogue Publishing Deal
- WTF?: $100,000 and a Rogue Publishing Deal
- Eye-Poppingly Beautiful: $100,000 and a Rogue Publishing Deal
- Huge Potential: $50,000 and Rogue Right of First Refusal
- Audience Choice: $50,000 and Rogue Right of First Refusal
The games will have been chosen following a two-month window where the judges have had ample time to try the games and discuss each one with the other panelists. While we don’t have a full list of potential winners, the top three games in the Audience Choice category have been revealed and are I’m Not Jelly, Mysplaced, and Cold Fortune.
Rogue Games itself was founded by IGN co-founder Matt Casamassina and it recently raised $2.5 million in funding to publish “batsh*t insane” indie games for PC, consoles, and mobile. Rogue recently partnered with both Netflix and Bloober Team, and it has a robust portfolio of innovative indie and original licensed games spanning the next few years.