The Sifu spring update arrived today, adding the promised difficulty options to make the game accessible to a greater range of players. Also included in the update was an advanced training mode, new outfits, and plenty of bug fixes and other gameplay improvements.
Sifu Spring Update 1.08 patch notes
Sifu’s spring update 1.08 was released today, May 3, and includes three new difficulty settings. The original Sifu experience is represented by the Disciple mode, while players can have an easier experience with Student or the harder Master experience aimed at those who want to replay the game with a greater challenge. Training mode has also been updated so players can practice against any enemy archetype or boss they have already defeated in the story, and even multiple enemies at once.
A new outfit option will let players change the protagonist’s outfit in the Wuguan. There are currently two new outfits (three for Deluxe Edition owners) with more coming in the future. Other improvements include a dark mode for the in-game menus and improved HUD readability. The full patch notes can be seen below.
Design – Outfits:
- Added an interactive wardrobe in the Wuguan for Outfit selection
- Added 3 new outfits with unlock conditions
Design – Training room:
- Added most of the in-game enemies types : When you fight and defeat any enemy, you unlock them in the training room, allowing you to train and fight against advanced archetypes and the bosses.
- Added the possibility to fight multiple enemies at once.
- Added the possibility to redo the tutorial.
Design – Difficulty Settings:
Student Difficulty (Easy Mode) :
- More life and structure for the Main Character
- Enemies are less aggressive
- Enemies are less reactive in defense
- Simplified patterns for various archetypes and bosses
- The Death Counter cannot beyond 1
- Better shrine rewards
Disciple Difficulty (Normal Mode) :
- The original Sifu experience
Master Difficulty (Hard Mode) :
- Less life and structure for the Main Character
- More life and structure for various enemies
- Enemies are more aggressive
- Enemies are more reactive in defense
- New patterns for bosses
Design – Hotfixes:
- Fixed the Juggernaut ability to retaliate while defending
- Quicker post parry follow-up with various weapons
- The camera is further away when surrounded by enemies during takedowns and focus
- Fixed issues with 21/9 display screens
- Fixed video looping issue on PS5
- Various rendering fixes for low quality mode
- Fixed some streaming issues
- Fixed some minor texturing issues for Yang’s 3D models
- Add a “Dark Mode” display option to switch between light and dark backgrounds in the -menus, light backgrounds are now slightly less bright
- Popups now warn you more clearly about important choices
- More discreet XP box in HUD
- Clearer feedback when a focus bar is full
- Various keyboard inputs display fixes
- Audio output format selection
- Fix some unwanted behaviour on surround audio systems
In other news, Ubisoft Pune and Ubisoft Mumbai are no longer developing Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake. Ubisoft Montreal will now be in charge of the game. Elsewhere, the future of Marvel’s Avengers is uncertain after its transfer to Embracer Group.
The post Sifu Update Adds New Difficulty Levels and Advanced Training Mode appeared first on PlayStation LifeStyle.