A new Steam client has been released and will be automatically downloaded.
Note: This update has been re-released on Feburary 8th with the following changes:
- Remote Play: Fixed video driver related crash when starting streaming
- Steam Input: Fixed input for Google Stadia controllers with original firmware
- Fixed game installation sometimes failing with “Invalid install path”
- Games provided at a gaming café are now displayed in a custom collection for that site.
- Greatly improved capture performance for DX12 titles like Cyberpunk 2077
- Peer-to-peer direct connections are enabled by default. You can adjust this in the Steam Remote Play Settings.
- Added Build ID to the Updates page
- Fixed a bug on Linux where compatibility tool selection wasn’t displaying correctly
- Added a setting for extended Xbox controller support. The option can be enabled in the General Controller Setting section of your Steam settings and requires a driver installation and restarting your computer.
Extended Xbox features include:
- Support for more than 4 Xbox controllers
- The ability to bind the Xbox Elite controller paddles in controller configurations
- The ability to bind the Xbox Series X controller share button in controller configurations
- Support for trigger rumble in games using Windows.Gaming.Input API
- Improved CPU usage of Steam Input, especially when a controller is connected but idle.
- Added a new Hotbar menu mode for Joystick, Dpad, and ABXY button diamond sources. Pressing down on the bound input will toggle menu visibility, left and right will scroll through the items and hitting up will fire the selected option. Note: this feature requires the Big Picture Overlay.
- Added Touch menu mode support for Gyro, DPad, and ABXY button diamonds sources. Note: this feature requires the Big Picture Overlay.
- Added an option to controller calibration screen for enabling auto-calibration of the gyro in the background during normal use. This is only recommended when manual gyro calibration is insufficient.
- Added support for PS5 controller player slot LED
- Added a drop down in the personalization menu for the PS5 controller player slot LED allowing the player to disable it, enable it only when multiple controllers are connected, or to enable it at all times. This setting defaults to enable the LED only when multiple controller are connected.
- Reordered buttons inside the controller calibration screen to reduce the chance of accidentally changing the joystick deadzones. Also added a cancel button to discard current changes.
- Fixed Big Picture Mode getting launched when turning off a controller by holding the guide button while the Steam window is focused.
- Fixed non-gamepad HID devices such as flight sticks, racing wheels, or keyboards with analog axes being filtered out when Generic Gamepad Configuration Support is enabled in the controller settings
- Fixed an issue where a gamepad button binding could be left on until the next button press if the player pressed a button, alt-tabbed away from the game, then released the button.
- Fixed localization of Steam Input API actions being displayed in Touch/Radial menus.
- Fixed for rumble and LED effects when using PS4 controllers over Bluetooth on Windows 7
- Fixed intermittent client crash on Windows when a Switch controller is disconnected
- Fixed a crash at startup using third party GameCube controller adapters
- Fixed a crash when some combinations of controllers are plugged in on macOS